Cakes Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spy vs Engineer tips

+7
SgtDropBear
Oxz
Shinobu!
J_Turret
ForeigneR
srtwolverine
Sekai
11 posters

Go down

Spy vs Engineer tips Empty Spy vs Engineer tips

Post by Sekai Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:13 pm

What are some good tips to demolish a Sentry Nest as a Spy?
Sekai
Sekai
Admin

https://cakesgamingcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Spy vs Engineer tips Empty Re: Spy vs Engineer tips

Post by srtwolverine Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:20 pm

I wanna know that too xD ...im bad being a spy lol

srtwolverine
Mildly Menacing Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeigneR Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:49 am

Change your class to Demoman.
ForeigneR
ForeigneR

Back to top Go down

Post by J_Turret Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:57 am

Use the YER(Your Eternal Reward) if you want to kill the engi and sap his sentry. If you think/know your quick enough to stab the engi, switch to the sapper and sap the sentry before it kills you, go ahead.
Also, it is NEVER a good idea to stand in front of a sentry.An ally, for example good come around the corner not knowing your there, standing in front of the sentry. Suddenly, the sentry shoots, hitting you instead of your team mate.

Well, that is all i can think off the top of my head. I will probably be back with more but i never know.

J_Turret

Back to top Go down

Post by J_Turret Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:57 am

could*

J_Turret

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinobu! Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:43 am

You know you can edit your post, you don't have to post another post just to correct 1 simple word, J_Turret

Anyway

To demolish a sentry nest, change class to pyro, use a medic-slave to uber you, take out a homewrecker, use the uber to get to the sentry and smash it up to ashes.
simple as that.
Shinobu!
Shinobu!
Godlike Caker
Godlike Caker

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxz Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:54 pm

NUMBER ONE TIP:
DO NOT GO IN TO THE NEST PREPARED TO SAP IT

Eye it from a distance, or get in and take a look (while invisible) to see who's guarding it. If you can't get a look at who's there, assume there's an Engineer and a Pyro, if not two of each.
If you're going in invisible (which I recommend,) find a good spot where someone's not likely to find you on accident (I.E. NOT NEXT TO THE KITS, kinda the most obvious spot).
Wait until the Engineer has to leave for one reason or another, and put the sappers on (even if his buddy's there). There's a chance that his buddy might have a Sapper-destroying weapon, but if he doesn't YOU'RE IN LUCK.
Otherwise I have no tips.
Spy is the hardest class to play.
Oxz
Oxz

Location : lo·ca·tion [loh-key-shuhn] noun 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Back to top Go down

Post by J_Turret Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:29 am

Thanks Shinobu!! Smile 

Anyways,like Oxz said:"Eye the nest from a distance..."
After you have done that you want to come behind the engi (if there is one and only one) if you can because if he spots you, he's either gonna hit you to make sure your not a spy, not do anything at all (highly unlikely), or not going to let you behind his back with the sentry in the room.

With more than one sentry and more than one engi, I say pick them off QUICKLY at a time. Because if you don't, they will just come back and check around to see if there is any spies.

J_Turret

Back to top Go down

Post by SgtDropBear Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:01 am

These are my horrible tactics. Have fun laughing at them... xD
Spy:
Backstab the Engineer and quick-sap the sentry before it shoots you. Make sure you uncloak a safe distance away from the Engineer so he cannot hear you and others do not notice and kill you before you attend to the Engineer and his sentry.

Engineer:
Kill the Spy with your shotgun before it saps your sentry and if it saps it anyways, kill the Spy because YOLO! No but seriously, you'll have enough time to repair it after you kill the Spy.

Logically? Go Demo and get a medic. gg no re

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobWithNoHats Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:49 pm

I'm an engi main, I know few about spy, but I can tell you how I deal with them. Maybe you can learn from it, idk.
1. I never turtle, so it's harder to pull off a stab-n-sap on me (still possible).
2. I'm very paranoid, I almost never stop moving and looking around.
3. i spycheck everyone approaching my buildings.
4. When I do encounter a spy trying to sap my stuff, I shoot the spy first, if he runs, I unsap my buildings, if he stays to spam sappers/kill me, I try my best to eliminate him.
I also don't leave my base unattended.
As spy, you could headshot the engineer from long range or try and lure him away from his buildings. That's basically all I know.
It takes 9 seconds to sap a level 3 building at full health, that's also how much time the engineer has to scare you away/kill you, reach his sapped building, and land 2 wrench hits on it.
Hope this helps Smile

NoobWithNoHats

Back to top Go down

Post by Falmez Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:07 am

Lure->Stab-> Sap
Falmez
Falmez
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:15 am

1. Lure the engineer.
2. Get around him OR murder him.
3. Disguise.
4. Go invisible to the nest ( Cloak & Dagger usually works out )
5. Hide, so if there is somebody, he won't see you.
6. Sap!
7. If there's a pyro/enemy there:
A) STAB & SAP!
B) SAP & STAB!
C) STAB & die...
D) SAP & die...
E) SAP & RUN!
F) The enemy's having a party at the nest?! RUN!

Now this is usually my case. Now, let's not forget, they may have an sap-destroying weapon, so pack an tape recorder - that'll atleast make it sure that if you manage to kill everybody, but the sentry goes on, it'll most likely be lvl 1 & you'll be able to bypass it. Also, carry either an Ambassador ( if you're good at headshots ), An enforcer to fight back, or Un Etranger ( if you need to escape the fight via invisibility )

Back to top Go down

Post by Mills Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:24 am

I wish i could help out more, i hate spy.
I've found that using a Diamondback and sapping the teleporters and dispenser is your best bet if its far from the sentry.
Get 1 crit and take out the engie pretty easy, then sap away.

Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by kingoftheners Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:03 am

Well, there are a few ways as Spy to get rid of an Engi nest.

Try eyeing the nest so you can see who is there, where all of the Engineer's buildings are, and where you can best approach from. I suggest waiting until only the Engi is there, but if there is also another enemy or two you might be able to pull it off... Though in all honesty, if it's heavily guarded by multiple people, you may not be able to pull it off alone.

Assuming that only the Engineer it there currently, there are a few ways to approach it.

1. You could do the old fashioned "sap and stab". Depending on when you time it, you may not be able to to pull it off in time, the Engineer might move in a position he can't be backstabbed as he unsaps the sentry (you could always sap, then stab or shoot him, then sap, .ect, but if he is on full health it's very risky), or he might simply turn around to attack you.
2. If you are quick enough and the sentry is facing far away enough angle-wise, you might be able to backstab the Engi and quickly sap the sentry before it is able to aim and fire at you. Due note that dispensors block the aim of sentry guns, so make sure to take advantage of Engis with poor building placements.
3. Your Eternal Reward makes the backstabbing and sapping a sinch, but you need to get a disguise prior to advancing. And if you happen to attack but mess up, you'll be left vulnerable without a disguise and won't be able to do much. So it's very situational in all honesty.
4. One of my favorite techniques for Engis in a hard position to backstab is to sap the sentry, then quickly headshot the Engi with The Ambassabor, followed by a bodyshot. If done quickly enough, this will kill the Engi before he is able to unsap the sentry. However, for this, you need to have fast and precise aim with The Ambassador.

If the nest is heavily guarded by multiple people, work in coordination with your teammates. Sap the sentry just as your teammates are coming in so you won't be instantly targeted, and they can help destroy the sentry before it is unsapped.

As a bonus, this silly method sometimes works, but I don't suggest it. The only time I do is when there is a sentry nest with multiple sentries, and even then it's risky. You can continuously sap all of the buildings and move around around like a madman, leaving the Engis unable to repair anything as they scramble to save their buildings. This gets a lot of attention, but it the camp is enclosed enough, you might be able to sap most or all of the buildings before retreating or dying.

Hope this info helps you out Smile
kingoftheners
kingoftheners
Unremarkable Contributor
Unremarkable Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down