Cakes Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you build a custom gaming PC for under $700...

+2
Space Pirate Summers
thecatpetter
6 posters

Go down

Can you build a custom gaming PC for under $700... Empty Can you build a custom gaming PC for under $700...

Post by thecatpetter Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:42 pm

I went on NCIX (I live in Canada) and added all the items that a gaming desktop needs (no accessories), including Windows 7. It was a bit over a thousand dollars!
Specs:
Can you build a custom gaming PC for under $700... Image

Is that a normal price for building a custom PC? Can you build a PC that can play COD: Ghosts with medium settings smoothly for less than $700 including Windows?
If so, post pics of a shopping cart you put together that meets the aforementioned criteria).

Last edited by thecatpetter on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Images didn't work)

thecatpetter
Unremarkable Contributor
Unremarkable Contributor

Back to top Go down

Can you build a custom gaming PC for under $700... Empty Re: Can you build a custom gaming PC for under $700...

Post by Space Pirate Summers Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:36 am

Yes, it is possible to buy/build a computer capable of handling CoD: Ghost at medium graphical settings for <$700. Buying or building a computer with decent specs isn't as expensive as before. When I purchased my rig it was pretty costly, but capable of running pretty much everything out right now with medium to high settings. Anything beyond this point in time I may have to tinker around a little with the settings for it to work properly. There is a lot of pre-built PC's you can get for a decent price that pack an average hardware. You'll have to look around to find a good deal I'm afraid. Try your local electronics/computing store. Might find something of decent value there. Or see if you can catch any sales around easter period. Good luck!
Space Pirate Summers
Space Pirate Summers
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Back to top Go down

Can you build a custom gaming PC for under $700... Empty Re: Can you build a custom gaming PC for under $700...

Post by hyDRUX Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:37 pm

I've played CoD: Ghost on a $600 AUD dollar with medium settings @ 50-60fps. Building a custom gaming pc however, might take a bit of your wallet. If you buy a computer on it's own (a computer which can run CoD: Ghost pretty good at low/medium), you can save up money to buy a new core/upgrades. Try not to buy everything at once.
hyDRUX
hyDRUX
Mildly Menacing Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Pirate Summers Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:51 pm

I agree with hyDRUX. If you decide to build it yourself, might be best to start with the small pieces and slowly work your way up. Certain accessories such as the graphics card might come down in price, or you could obtain a better one for a much decent price at some point down the road. Plenty of Youtube videos out there with great tips. If you take this route, consult them first. :]
Space Pirate Summers
Space Pirate Summers
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Avolicis Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:10 pm

COD Ghosts? COD???
get out

Seriously though $700 could net you an OK entry-level rig, I don't recommend building one yourself for that budget though... might be better to buy a pre-packaged system... try the Phoenix series from HP. There's a couple nice entry-level gaming desktops, but their specs aren't all that good for the price...

Btw, $1000 custom built rigs can either be a really good deal or a huge ripoff. I have a semi-custom thousand-ish dollar one, it was a pretty damn good deal for what I got. Then again I got it in a sale, so yeah...
Avolicis
Avolicis
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

http://www.valvesoftware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Pirate Summers Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Avolicis wrote:try the Phoenix series from HP. There's a couple nice entry-level gaming desktops, but their specs aren't all that good for the price...

HP has a lot of low-budget computers with decent specs. Most of the HP-based computers I've seen lately pack the quad-core AMD processors with their Radeon HD series graphics card. They fail on RAM power though.
Space Pirate Summers
Space Pirate Summers
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unity Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Currently the best config in terms of performance to price ratio in my opinion. It's about 600 bucks, so you could make sure of the extra 100 to get an SSD or RAM upgrade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfGE4i_A6E4
Unity
Unity
Moderator God
Moderator God

http://uniity.soup.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by FBG Raven Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:35 am

Hell yeah you can. You can put together a powerhouse AMD Kaveri APU build for >700 that'll handle Ghost on medium to high settings with good FPS.
FBG Raven
FBG Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down