Cakes Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamepad vs mouse/keyboard vs gamepad/mouse

+9
Space Pirate Summers
Falmez
Gold344
DigiM
SgtDropBear
FrankBob6677
Dimitri Awesometh
Shinobu!
thecatpetter
13 posters

Go down

Gamepad vs mouse/keyboard vs gamepad/mouse Empty Gamepad vs mouse/keyboard vs gamepad/mouse

Post by thecatpetter Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:27 am

Give a reason why you prefer one over the other(s).

Personally...
1st: Not enough precision for a terrible aimer like me.
2nd: I prefer it. It gives me more ease of use, speed and precision.
3rd: never tried it but might one day.

thecatpetter
Unremarkable Contributor
Unremarkable Contributor

Back to top Go down

Gamepad vs mouse/keyboard vs gamepad/mouse Empty Re: Gamepad vs mouse/keyboard vs gamepad/mouse

Post by Shinobu! Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:48 am

Eh, Keyboard+Mouse is nice, i never tried gamepads on steam, but i use them on ps3, and i'm fine player on both so.. Razz
Shinobu!
Shinobu!
Godlike Caker
Godlike Caker

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

Back to top Go down

Gamepad vs mouse/keyboard vs gamepad/mouse Empty Re: Gamepad vs mouse/keyboard vs gamepad/mouse

Post by Dimitri Awesometh Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:38 am

I have keyboard/mouse and I have experience with gamepad, so I don't mind either.
Dimitri Awesometh
Dimitri Awesometh
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankBob6677 Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:38 pm

I really prefer keyboard and mouse over gamepad. Much more precision with aiming. Though if I am playing a racing game, fighting, and/or some over the shoulder view and platformer style games, I do prefer the gamepad. I have an Xbox 360 controller hooked to my pc just for those purposes. Not to mention, I have a lot of friends who play console games only, (which I don't use, but my kids do) who prefer to play with a controller so when they come over to play a game or hang out, they prefer to use the gamepad with my pc. As the keyboard and mouse are completely foreign to them. So really I find the use in all scenarios of both as being useful.
FrankBob6677
FrankBob6677
Unremarkable Contributor
Unremarkable Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SgtDropBear Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:54 am

Only ever tried a gamepad a few times when I was young and was okay with it but I'll just vouch for the keyboard + mouse only because I'm more used to it. Also, I feel there's a lot more options with a keyboard, more precision and more control over what you are doing, especially for an FPS game but maybe that's just because I'm not the best with a gamepad. Smile

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DigiM Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:34 am

I don't mind either 1st or 2nd, but never tried the 3rd option, since I'm a lefty. tongue 
But when comes to preference, I prefer the Gamepad, due to it's comfortableness. I can lie down and relax with less movement of my hands reaching out for buttons, unlike the keyboard. But the mouse + keyboard combination is best when it comes to precision, especially on FPS games.

So preference is:
Gamepad => Mouse + Keyboard => Gamepad + Mouse
DigiM
DigiM
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold344 Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:50 am

I think it depends on the game games like Portal or Age of empires are way better with mouse+keyboard and Platformers and such I feel better with gamepad also i personally prefer shooters on consoles since I have a very bad aim with the mouse XD and as a extra note I hate touch screen controls it just doesn't feel right like there is no answer to your actions

Gold344
Mildly Menacing Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Falmez Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:00 am

Keyboard+Mouse
Falmez
Falmez
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Pirate Summers Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 am

It depends on the game, really. I have both options available to me, and glad that I do. Something like Sleeping Dogs or GTA I'd much rather play on gamepad as opposed to mouse and keyboard. However, some open-world simulations like APB: Reloaded I can't imagine playing with a gamepad. Same with fighters. For a game like Street Fighter X Tekken I feel more comfortable playing with a gamepad. Something like Skullgirls I'd rather play on keyboard.
Space Pirate Summers
Space Pirate Summers
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by X4vi0uR Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Probably Keyboard+Mouse is the best, however it depends from the game you're playing. If you play a fighting or platforming game maybe you'd want a gamepad (and maybe for driving games and sports games). For the rest the M+K combo is by far the best in my opinion! Very Happy
X4vi0uR
X4vi0uR

Back to top Go down

Post by Unity Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:42 am

I personally prefer keyboard+mouse, although i do use analog sticks for flight simulators such as X-wing.
Unity
Unity
Moderator God
Moderator God

http://uniity.soup.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Avolicis Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:57 pm

For me in any situation it's mouse and keyboard. I can't stand using any kind of gamepad (because I suck with them). I once tried to play CoD with a friend on Xbox, splitscreen, and I literally got no hits.
Avolicis
Avolicis
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

http://www.valvesoftware.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by marcostudios Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:42 am

There are games i like to paly with gamepad and games with i like to play with keyboard, it dends on the type of game, i prefer keyboard + mouse on FPS but i prefer gamepad on platform ecc...

marcostudios
Unremarkable Contributor
Unremarkable Contributor

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1273955

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum