Cakes Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SgtDropBear's Group Moderator Application

4 posters

Go down

SgtDropBear's Group Moderator Application Empty SgtDropBear's Group Moderator Application

Post by SgtDropBear Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:07 am

Yay! Moderator applications are back up. Time to give this a shot. Smile

General Information
1) Steam Username:
|§|SgtDropBear|§|

2) Steam Profile Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sergeantdropbear

3) Age:
Due to privacy reasons, I cannot tell you my age directly and publicly. However, I can give you a formula which you can work out to find out my age. If you are stuck, all I can tell you is that I am in my High School years. (Sorry that I am strong on privacy but it's who I am. A careful person who doesn't like to rush things impetuously.)

4) Time Zone:
Australian Eastern Standard Time

5) Your available hours on a daily basis (e.g weekdays 2 PM-8 PM, weekends 12 PM-10 PM):
Weekdays: 5 PM - 10 PM*
Weekends: 11 AM - 10 PM*
*These time frames are usually when I am online but even so, I may not reply. This is because I have many extra-curricular activities and sometimes I leave my computer on accidentally during this. Also, often I have lots of homework and may not reply. I will try to respond whenever possible though.

Previous Experiences
6) List and describe your previous experiences as a mod/admin of an online community:
I have been in many Steam groups but the most enlightening experience of them all is being the Officer of a raffle group. Despite being a raffle group, me and the admin mainly gave away items (him mostly). These experiences have taught me how to cater for people's needs, how to organize people (though 2000 more people would be hard xD), host giveaways (trivia and random) and immerse within the community.

Questions
7) Do you prefer working independently with minimum instructions or do you prefer supervised work with instructions?
I'm more of a dependent person to be honest. I'd rather have given instructions and follow them simply but the admin of the raffle group forced me to be independent at times so I'd say I'm not too bad at making my own decisions.

Cool Why do you want to apply for this position?
I want to apply for this position as when I joined the group, I was welcomed sincerely and so now I want to repay back to the community within the guiding hands of generous and friendly admins/mods. I also want to be part of the ever-expanding community which is what makes CGC so unique. It just keep expanding with no delay because of the careful and thoughtful plans laid out by the admins/mods. I also want to be part of changes in the group and keep the chat clean because sometimes it frustrates me to see such disrespectful people who don't follow the rules.

9) What do you plan to accomplish as a group moderator?
I plan to enforce rules as friendly and calmly as possible within the chat room. I would also like to host a few giveaways as well to give back to the community. Also, guiding new members would be my pleasure. The least I can do is take some burden off the admin's/mod's back who have worked ever-so-hard to reach this point.

10) What would you like to change about our community, if anything?
Giveaway items announced before it is given so everyone knows what is at stake. People who really care would stay and people who needn't such an item could leave without harassing others about the prize or complaining. This community has already been carved and shaped without wax though so there really isn't any more room for improvement. Just minor changes here and there. Very Happy

Additional Information
11) How often do you participate in our group events/giveaways?
As often as possible unless I have lots of homework to do which is often the case which explains my inactivity in the chat at times. I also like to stay after the giveaway as people there are friendly to talk to and helpful too!

12) Any additional information that you want to add to support your application? (e.g referrals from current forum members)
Not much to add really other than I have many friends in the group whom I have invited (21 to be exact). I have invited many more though some just don't want to join despite my convincing them to. Also, whenever I meet a friendly trader, I nearly always invite them to this group as the deserve to be embraced with welcoming arms and tonnes of giveaways. xD

Thank you for reading and (hopefully) considering my application form. :DDD

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

SgtDropBear's Group Moderator Application Empty Re: SgtDropBear's Group Moderator Application

Post by SgtDropBear Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 am

In case this adds to my legitimacy, I joined this group when there were only around 700-900 members so I know quite well how this group runs. Thanks. Smile

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

SgtDropBear's Group Moderator Application Empty Re: SgtDropBear's Group Moderator Application

Post by hyDRUX Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:54 am

+rep for being phished 29 times and good application :3
edit: 35 now, I only did try to phish him 27 times

Last edited by hyDRUX on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated)
hyDRUX
hyDRUX
Mildly Menacing Contributor
Mildly Menacing Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SgtDropBear Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:30 am

Thank you hyDRUX but it's 35 times now. Very Happy

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimitri Awesometh Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 pm

congrats on having a phishing war
Dimitri Awesometh
Dimitri Awesometh
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SgtDropBear Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:27 am

Thank you. How many have you got btw?

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SgtDropBear Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:00 am

Just got my 41st and there has been 4 repeats. Why am I so unlucky? The highest valued item of my backpack is only worth 4.5 keys and I got that from the promo. How? Why? D':

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unity Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:22 pm

Would you care to elaborate on your "minor changes" which you might want to implement in CGC's group? We would love to hear what you have to say. Your social circle on steam is pretty big, so I'm assuming that you must have gotten along with people well. However, your slightly immature profile description has once again, let me down. Also, we need our moderators to be very independent since you would be the one watching over chat/the group's page when other admins and mods are offline. Thank you for being honest about it though. On the whole, this is quite a spectacular mod application and i really do hope you get selected. Good luck!   Smile 
PS: There is no shame in revealing your age. We want things to be as straight forward as possible, so just straight up giving us your age would help quite alot.
Unity
Unity
Moderator God
Moderator God

http://uniity.soup.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by SgtDropBear Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Fine. I'm (turning) 14 and as an excuse, I made my profile description when I was in Year 5 and I have not been bothered to change it since. I should really change it now that I think of it but I currently have 5 assignments to do. Sorry for the brief reply as I should really be getting to work now and have a nice day~ Smile

Last edited by SgtDropBear on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unity Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Being the youngest in the pack isn't always a bad thing. The mod applications you have posted was one of the best on the forums currently, hence you have set quite a high standard for the rest of the hopefuls. However, having tons of homework could get in the way of your moderating duties. With that aside, I wish you all the best and a pleasant day!  Surprised 
Unity
Unity
Moderator God
Moderator God

http://uniity.soup.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by SgtDropBear Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:34 am

Thank you for your kind words Unity! I have more than enough time during the holidays and near the beginning and end of term so that'll probably be when I shine from the others though I do agree, my pile of homework will distract me from my role. Now to finish off my 3 other assignments...

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SgtDropBear Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:04 am

Archived now? Eh? D':

SgtDropBear
Epic Contributor
Epic Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down